How to Make a Feed
Want to make an RSS feed for your favorite website? It's pretty simple, just follow these instructions:
- First, view source for the page.
- Find the piece of HTML that signifies the beginning of the list of RSS items. It might be something obvious, like a comment that says <!-- this is the beginning of the list --> or perhaps it's the beginning of a <TABLE>. Do the same thing for the end of the list.
- Then find something that signifies the beginning and end of each item. For this page it was pretty simple -- <p> and </p>.
- Finish up by writing a title and description for the feed.
- Send all of these bits to me, along with the URL for the site, and I'll put it up. And again, if you control the site, it's much simpler to just blogify your page.
Part of LogicError. Powered by Blogspace, an Aaron Swartz project. Email the webmaster with problems.